Monday, June 9, 2008

I Got My Swagger Back...Whatever that Is...

What's up everyone! It's another great day with me, Pierre aka Sk8bd P aka Mr. SirReal aka Mr. Deep Thought, aka ummm I don’t know, I ran out of ostentatious nicknames to make up. I'm in a real good mood today. Today I want to explore the idea of this thing call swagger and how it ties in with relationships. Shoutouts to Tiffany and Helen, this one is for y'all.

We hear it all the time now-a-days, more so from females describing a guy, "oh he has that swag." So I propose the question, what the hell is swag? A real answer too. "I can't explain it" or "he just has IT" just will not get it done. I have a sense of what girls are trying to say, but is there really a discrete definition? My perspective is that this swag really doesn't exist. Who's to say if a person has swag or not? Just because you might not think a certain person has swag, maybe they have swag to someone else. This just proves that swag is all a mindset description. Swagger is what you make it to be.

Swagger has it advantages, I guess. The most common example of swagger is Jay-Z. I think its safe to say, that Jigga is not the least bit attractive at all but his swagger has landed him with one of the most talented and beautiful woman on this earth. I not even hyping Beyonce, (I'm more of Rihanna groupie myself) but how and the hell did Jay get her? They have a solid relationship built around swagger. His swagger has Beyonce head over heels in love, even after he cheated. (Yea he did it, don’t fake.) But what if his swagger runs out. Will the love be strong enough to keep their relationship together?

Is it really safe to base a relationship around someone because of their swagger? I have come to the conclusion that most females attach this swagger idea with "no lives" and "hood stars." They are so quick to be on them because they have swag, yet they have no real job, no credit score, and no real aspirations. But for some reason they always get the girl. I'm not being sour about it, I'm just saying...it was his swagger that got you hooked, but I don't think swagger can cover a black eye. Females set themselves up for failure sometimes chasing this thing call swagger. So I ask you, does it really exist? The floor is now open. Have a great week!!!

No comments: