Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Black Women Might Be Out of Style

Good morning everyone. It has been a very long and depressing two days for me but I have reached the middle of the week. Thank God! The weekend is just around the corner.

Black women are out of style. Pretty bold statement to make. I was having a conversation with one of my best friends when she made this statement. (To all those who think I like to bash women, HA! It was me, lol) When I first heard what she said I was thinking to myself she isn't serious. I mean we joke all the time when we talk, but I could hear the concern in her voice when she repeated herself. We were having a talking about being single and she was pitching the ideal that black women, like herself, are single because they are not in style anymore. More so, they are not appealing to black men anymore.

I gave it a second thought and didn't really come to an answer, but I could see where she was coming from. Just going through my top ten fantasy women, which has been altered several times, 7 of the women are not black. They are either mixed or a completely different race. I have no problem with interracial compatibility. You fall for a person because who they are not because of their skin color. The statement wasn't made as a racial issue, but to open my eyes to a realistic sincere concern. So what is it that leaves most black women single?

I have plenty of beautiful strong black female friends, that I think are a great catch, but majority of them are single. Some of them are single by choice, whereas, the others just haven't found what they want in a man. But have men (ALL men...Black, White, Hispanic, whatever) stop looking black women way? Let me rephrase that, because black women always get a look from a man because they are built like no other. So have black women been put on the back burner when it comes to seeking a relationship?

I guess the same question could be asked about a good man. Women say all the time, "good men are so hard to find". That's BS! We are out here, women just choose to go the opposite direction. Then after they decide they want a good man, after all the other fools, they can't be found. He is gone. One reason might be because you faked and now someone else picked him up (possibly outside their race) or two, this good man isn't trying to be Mr. Picker Upper after you have been hurt. (This usually what happens) The two can go hand and hand. So let me know what you think. Are black women really becoming a thing of the past? As always...be productive, be persistent, be prudent. The floor is open....Enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comment:

Wesley said...

I like this one... I think it's a combination of a few different things. Black women aren't too interested in black men anymore. Just think, black men don't have shit... and the ones that do... have issues, cheat, are gay, mentally or physically diseased, or taken. Black men are going out of style... for black women at least.